Friday, June 22, 2012

I Hate Morals

I'm going on a mission trip tomorrow, and I think the excitement is getting to me. I just woke up from a nap, and found my phone in hand, open to my note-taking aapplication. I've texted in my sleep before and once upon a time, I've written crazy stuff in my sleep, but I've never used my phone to write stuff in my sleep before. Here's what I wrote during my morning nap a few minutes ago.

I hate morals.
Morals to me sound like more rules.
I want freedom.
I want to be me.
Christ set me free.
Now I live to be me,
The made-in-his-image me.
To God be the glory.
Let him have the scary stuff,
Like finding my way, and putting food on my plate.
I'll be okay.
If my life fits your moral standard
Then it doesn't mean moralism makes it right.
It means you are precious in his sight.
Set aside your petty morality,
Your false spirituality
And embrace servility
The ultimate in humility.
Discard your futility,
Your perfection is not an ability.

I'll probably think about it some more and add to it soon, and once I wake up, I'll find some verses that fit each line of the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment